Saturday, September 15, 2007

Inline skating for the first time

I have never really did inline skating, or rollerbladding before. Actually, I did rent some skates before at ecp, but I gave them up and exchange for a bicycle instead. Coz its not really so easy that you can just go and skate just like that.

This afternoon, looking at the sunny weather, I made up my mind. Got company or not, i will just go ahead. So I went to Bishan Park II Skateline to take up skate lessons. The man at the counter reco me to take up the skate-all-you-can (weekend) which allows me to go for as many Weekend lessons as I like for a period of 1 mth. Cost me around 95.34 (inclu. GST). I think its quite affordable lah.

First lesson was no problem at all. Its a intro lesson to inline skating. Basically, I was taught how to get up and fall down. Then some simple v-walk and then roll. Roll meaning moving forward with the skates parallel to each other forming a eleven. After the lesson, my whole shirt is full of sweat man. i reckon this inline skating is really quite a good sport. And many small little kids are learning as well. The class size is variable. Sometimes, there alot, sometimes just a few. Today, there's only 4 of us.

No comments: