Monday, August 07, 2006

oh great...

Last Friday, my colleague with quacky voice left. He only work in the bank for barely one month i think. Then a new lady by the name of ebel joined our dept. A malaysian lady, one year older than me. Quite a nice girl, easy going and easy to get along.

Just now stayed back to do system implementation, at the same time show our new colleague ebel the procedure to carry out. Today's implementation was longer as usual as we were upgrading the .Net framework from 1.1 to 2.0 also. So while my team leader was patching the server, we talk about our great indo colleague. Ok, im being sarcastic lah. He is the indo colleague I have been complaining about.

Guess what my team leader, this indo colleague actually emailed HR to ask when they are going to extend his contract. His contract was going to end in end july you see. But whether his contract gets renew or not is depending on our IT dept but not HR. I think he abit siao lah. So the HR staff fwd the email to our AGM. He fwd the email to our japanese DH. and finally the email reached our development manager. He asked the team leader of this indo whether to keep him or not. Joseph, his team leader, being a ok-ok person, said keep. So he was offered another contract. But the pay is the same.

Now the next amazing thing he did was to emailed our AGM why his pay stays the same. Once again the email was fwd around until the hands of our development mgr. He pull him in the meeting room and told him straight - that his performance was not good.

GUess what this indo colleague say? hmm like that i think i have to consider signing the contract or not. Our dev mgr replied, sure, go ahead and consider. Hahaha, what a joke. What this indo guy thinking? He thinks he so valuable that he can make the bank try to keep him if he wants to leave.

I think its the other way around. The bank welcomes him to leave. Haha. Seriously, I think its unfair to rest of the dev staff if the bank keeps him. Because his pay in the 1st place should be not bad, since he is a USA degree holder. 2ndly, his performance is so lousy and couldnt get along with the rest of the colleagues, esp my team leader, thats why he was out in another team.

I'm just wondering why keeping him, if he only creates problem. Not that I'm backstabbing him alone. I think the our whole dept is stabbing on him from the front. haaha Seriously, I hope he goes.


ANyway, another 2 months or so, my contract will be due too. I dunno what will i be offered and whether I should go or not. But i feel one should aim to achieve higher. I just get the feeling that the new contract will not be able to satisfy me. After all, i'm a degree holder leh. With one year exp. I think im worth more than what im getting now.

No comments: