Sunday, February 22, 2009

40 Km cycling

This morning, for the 1st time in my life (i think), I cycled 40 km at one go. The ride was fantastic I tell you. Never will u have a chance to be able to cycle continuously without any obstructions. All you need to do is cycle and cycle. All this come will a price lah. Price is the fee you need to pay to join lor. But its worth it lah. Imagine all the roads blocked and closed. And u cycle and cycle w/o stopping. Its a challenge to test your stamina and endurance. Its much better than running, becoz running you cant rest abit, coz once you rest, you cant run liao. But for cycling, you can stop paddling for a while and glide a bit. And you can also enjoy the breeze and the scenery abit.

The thing I dislike most is the pain at my backside. Really annoying LOL. Throughout the ride, I only stopped once which is just before the 20km mid-point at a "pit stop" point. Dismounted from the bike and let my butt rest a while. Drink some 100 plus which is super cold and nice. Stretch my legs abit then off I go again.

Then finally I reach the finishing line. Its not that bad after all. Before the race, I was telling my friends that dunno if I can finish the challenge anot. But actually its quite ok. Just that after I returned the bike and make my way to Suntec Mac to meet Jasmine & Eben for breakfast that I felt my legs aching abit. But still I managed to reach Suntec Mac with "half-limping" steps. LOLx.

Its solid fun I tell you. I confirmed will join the 40km ride again next year if there is such an event again hopefully. Now recession, so dunno if OCBC will sponsor and organize the event next year or not.

Now I just have to wait for the official timing that I took for the entire ride which is due to release in few days time. All 40 riders has a timing chip attached to our bikes which we returned at the finishing point. Can't wait to see the results!!!

Another thing I want to mention is.... today is dear and me, 1st week together. Last night, she asked me to sms her when I leave for the F1 pit where the cycling event is held. I was afraid of waking her up so early coz she also a light sleeper like me. So I was thinking maybe when I was in the mrt liao then I sms her. Let her sleep a bit more. But when I was about to leave my house, I received a sms from her, asking me if I have woken up. So sweet of you dear. Love you dear.

No comments: