Sunday, September 18, 2005

Need to learn more

Last thursday, I went to NCS for a job interview. I was given a J2EE/Struts test before the interview. I have never heard of Struts before, so I went to do some research the night before. However, the test was terrible. I could not answer any of the 20 qns in the test. I just wrote some stuff so as not to submit a blank paper.

This test really reflects the true nature of the IT industry. IT is everchanging. The Java that I learnt in poly days is no longer the same as the Java today. As a IT professional, I have to be contantly learning and picking up new technologies and skills on my own. Although I was an AD Java student in poly, I do not have the ability to take on Java programming job now.

When I was in Melbourne, I bought a book about JavaServer Pages(JSP). Perhaps it's now time to take the book out and pick up JSP. After all, I have to wait for more interviews to go to, so best to make full of the time and learn more.

No comments: