Saturday, August 30, 2008

My new samsung mobile phone

2+ months ago, I went to the Singtel booth at the PC Show 2008. Wanted to buy the HTC Touch Diamond, but Singtel refused to let me buy with the offer price because I had 2 mths to go for my mobile phone contract.

Last Thursday, I went to the COMEX 2008, and finally I got my new phone. Not HTC Touch Diamond though. It's Samsung's Omnia. I never bought a non-nokia phone before. This is the first time.

After using for a few days, find that it's great. It's like taking a PC and putting it in your pocket. Haaa. $548.00, that is the price i paid. With 2 years contract.

The specs of the phone is great:
- 16 GB of disk space
- 5 megapixel camera
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- Wifi
- GPS
- Many more lah..

If you compare Omnia with Apple's i-phone, well, the only thing about i-phone is its cool, but in terms of functionalities, Omnia beat i-phone all hands and legs down.

good about i-phone
- i-pod with i-tunes inbuilt
- looks cool

bad about i-phone:
- no bluetooth to other devices except i-phone headset
- no message forwarding
- 2 megapixel camera with no video recording capability
- disk space limited with no expansion slots
- no radio

so i think its not worth the price lah. but its cool lah. apple mah. but to me, its like i-pod touch with phone capability lor.








** wishlist updated **

No comments: